Pro PDR Tool Holders
A local company, Pro PDR Solutions, is involved in the business of paint-less automotive dent repair. Working with the company's owner, we designed and manufactured a series to tool holders to fill an untapped need in this market.
The team here at Classic Acrylics, Inc., helped Pro PDR Solutions transition their ideas from a sketch into a viable product. We worked closely with them to create custom designs durable enough to withstand daily use and abuse in an auto repair shop setting as well as fit industry-specific tools with different sizes and shapes. Our design engineers also leveraged cost reduction opportunities to keep the products affordable.
The tool carts feature ABS plastic construction and we manufacture them in a range of sizes from 16.0” in length x 18.0” in width to 19.0” in length x 24.5” in width. They feature bull nosed and machined edges as well as a rotary engraved logo to promote branding. Production involves CNC machining, heat bending to reshape the ABS, and plastic solvent bonding for assembly. To ensure quality, we measure tolerances at critical in-process checkpoints and perform a comprehensive final inspection.
With our smart design and material choices, we helped this customer transform their vision into a successful commercial product. These tool holders organize and store a wide variety of equipment and accessories while keeping them easily accessible to the repair technicians. We continue to manufacture them on a fast turnaround basis, and we now work with this customer on many other projects as well.
Pro PDR Tool Holders Project Specifications
- Project Name & Description
- Tool Holders for Pro PDR / Multiple versions
- Capabilities Applied / Processes
- Design / engineer, CNC Program, CNC machine, heat bend, plastic bonding
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- CNC Machine, Line bender, Solvent weld
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 16"x18" through sizes 19x24.5"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- ABS Plastic
- Material Finish
- Rotary engraving, bull nosed, machined edges
- Industry for Use
- Automotive repair
- In Process Testing / Inspection Performed
- Check tolerances after CNC, check tolerances on final part
- Delivery / Turnaround Time
- 1-2 weeks
- Delivery Location
- Pro PDR, Minnesota